Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Jeroen Beemster
#10429 Hi All,
It was for me a challenge to have the toolchain setup and run the examples on a windows computer with only arduino-level knowledge. I created an instructable where I explain how I did it.
I collected a lot of info from this site. Have a look at it.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Blink-f ... ng-Window/

It is based on SDK version 0.9.5
And I use NODEMCU for uploading the blink file to the ESP8266

I love to hear you what you think about this.

Regards,

Jeroen
By LeprA
#11321 I liked your post it was good explanatory on how you can do it in one of many ways.
But you where detailed that i liked =)

When i did a compile on Blinky demo (not using your setup, compiled everything on Ubuntu using esp-open-sdk) i lost the AP and AT commands functionality, was it the same for you?

If someone knows; How can I preserve that functionality and append with my own code?

An example i would like is Blinky with AP + AT Commands so i have something to look at?
By LeprA
#11323 I liked your post it was good explanatory on how you can do it in one of many ways.
But you where detailed that i liked =)

When i did a compile on Blinky demo (not using your setup, compiled everything on Ubuntu using esp-open-sdk) i lost the AP and AT commands functionality, was it the same for you?

If someone knows; How can I preserve that functionality and append with my own code?

An example i would like is Blinky with AP + AT Commands so i have something to look at?