Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By ficeto
#12761 Well I had this thing running and all, but I had some issues with C++ toolchain things. It's really easy to make and all, Java is no issues to me, nor is any other language involved (good there isn't much assembly). I have replicated as much as it can be done the whole Arduino library and had lots of different libs converted over, but had lots of compile issues along the way as well and all of them were C++ related. So in favor of the smaller footprint, I abandoned the project and kept the C version of the library (look for espino in the Arduino section).
Not saying it can not be done, but I am certainly not yet the person to fully understand the toolchain and build options in order to produce a good C++ capable one. I am running on OS X, not that that is of any difference.
If there is someone here that can help me build a nice toolchains for all platforms, I'm up for the task to create a proper working clone.