Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By GeorgeIoak
#18061 Now you're making me think before the morning coffee! I have this file, at_v0.20_14_11_28.zip which I got from here:

Code: Select all wget -O at_v0.20_14_11_28.zip https://github.com/esp8266/esp8266-wiki/raw/master/sdk/at_v0.20_14_11_28.zip
By cal
#18071 Moin!

it looks to me this as if that zip is pretty old and the esp-open-sdk already includes the at example.

export PATH=.../esp-open-sdk/xtensa-lx106-elf/bin:$PATH
cd .../esp-open-sdk/esp_iot_sdk_v1.0.1
mv examples/at .
cd at
less \!\!\!readme\!\!\!.txt
make COMPILE=gcc BOOT=new APP=1 SPI_SPEED=40 SPI_MODE=QIO SPI_SIZE=1024

produces:
!!!
Support boot_v1.2 and +
Generate user1.1024.new.bin successully in folder bin/upgrade.
boot.bin------------>0x00000
user1.1024.new.bin--->0x01000
!!!

I didn't test them but looks reasonable for me.

Hope that helps,
Cal
By GeorgeIoak
#18074 Thanks for looking at this. I could have sworn I had an examples directory yesterday but I don't see it now. Maybe to be safe I'll blow this VM out and start fresh just in case things got messed up with my experimenting.

This is the problem I found with working with these projects. There's never one way to do things and often going down 1 path breaks other things and you don't know it until you try something different.

Why are the Makefiles written with what appears to be fixed directory locations (mv examples/at .)?

I do remember playing with these examples yesterday because I tried to run their build script and got different errors. Do you know if there's some differences between the open-sdk that most people are using and the sdk that Espressif uses? Could that be the problems?