Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By bobcroft
#12957 Can someone help please. I have Espessif installed, latest version' as per the 'unofficial' set up exe from the Windows download. I also have Eclipse installed. The instruction s say to copy the projects in the 'examples' from Espressif to the Eclipse 'workspace' everything works ok EXCEPT the files I add to the example folder do not show up to be imported in Eclipse. Specifically I want to add the 'transparent serial bridge project' I downloaded the 'transparent' serial bridge zip, extracted it and put all the files into the Espressif 'examples' folder to subsequently import into Eclipse. When I try to import the 'transparent serial bridge' project into Eclipse it does not show up in the import window.
Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong or explain how to add projects to Eclipse.
Thank you.
By MK1888
#12968 Sounds like you copied the examples into your workspace. Which means files that you add to the examples folders won't show up. You have to add the files to the proper workspace folder.
By bobcroft
#13038 Mk1888, thanks for the reply. As far as I am aware there is only one workspace directory under Eclipse. If I put the downloaded and unzipped file into the Espressif examples folder and then try and import it into Eclipse it does NOT appear in the import window yet all the other files in the Espressif examples folder do. I would greatly appreciate any other help you can offer. Alternatively could you describe how to a zip file downloaded from GITHUB into Eclipse please.

Thanks

Bob
By MK1888
#13157 Yes. But I should have emphasized the word COPY.

If you checked the COPY option when importing, then you have two copies: one in the Espressif\examples folder and one in your workspace folder.