Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By clinkme
mobyfab wrote:Can you paste the full error message ?

You can try my toolchain or build your own using my script (it's the same)
You just need mingw.

Test on my Windows XP: no success.
It reports
Code: Select allxtensa-lx106-elf-gcc: fatal error: -fuse-linker-plugin, but cyglto_plugin-0.dll
not found                                                                       
compilation terminated.           
By mobyfab
scargill wrote:Just a little more info would be good - bearing in mind many including myself have never used these toolchains before. I have your xtensa-lx106-elf directory sitting on my Windows desktop right now.... next step?

You need to add the toolchain's bin folder to your path. There are many tutorials on the net for that.
I suggest that you move it to C:/Espressif along with the SDK.
Otherwise you can also speficy the path directly in the Makefile.

You will need the program "make" or "mingw32-make", that is provided with mingw.

clinkme wrote:
mobyfab wrote:Can you paste the full error message ?

You can try my toolchain or build your own using my script (it's the same)
You just need mingw.

Test on my Windows XP: no success.
It reports
Code: Select allxtensa-lx106-elf-gcc: fatal error: -fuse-linker-plugin, but cyglto_plugin-0.dll
not found                                                                       
compilation terminated.           

You are not running my toolchain, it has no cygwin dependiencies; You are probably running another one.
Check/Fix your path and it should work fine.
By clinkme
mobyfab wrote:You are not running my toolchain, it has no cygwin dependiencies; You are probably running another one.
Check/Fix your path and it should work fine.

Oh sorry, I have to use alternative toolchain,
because your toolchain dont work at all:
on Windows XP all .exe files from bin folder don't executed with error "... is not a valid Win32 application".
Are they for Win64?