Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By tytower
#17036 Just so this is documented here .

Seeing as there was nothing happening on ESP8266/Arduino any time soon I decided to fire up a 64 bit version of Puppy Linux called "Fatdog" and install the java , and ArduinoIDE as needed. Different processor too -Intel rather than AMD. So with other problems that took two days to get up and running and what do you think happened when compiling the ESP8266 WiFi sketch ??
Exactly the same bloody error as before !!!

I think you want to have another good hard look at this as something in your library is not right and its not just a 32 bit IDE Problem as you say it is . I do note however that this release is for Arduino IDE 1.6.1 so it probably needs work but the main elf directory should still be there surely?

I might also add that I commented on Sandeeps ESP 8266 git hub page that some entries in the directory listings of his library did not look right and his response has not arrived yet and he says he got his library as a fork off yours so the same errors are probably here too

Looking into it a bit in this instance for the 64 bit IDE the xtensa-lx106-elf directory seems to be missing and if I am right this is what is causing the problem. So now I'm gonna just see if I can find it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By tytower
#17066 OK moved on a bit . Turns out the Sandeep library runs in Arduino 1.6.4 and his release 0.0.5
Had to move the library files around a bit putting the library where it looked for it.

Now got a espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failed

So on we go