Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Tinamore
#18304 Hi
I find a great project for iOT: https://github.com/leon-anavi/esp8266-jadja

* This is a smart MQTT client for ESP8266 with the following features:
- On the first boot an open WiFi network and HTTP server are launched. The user joins the network and configures the credentials for his home Wifi network. After that ESP8266 restarts and works as MQTT client,
- On each next boot ESP8266 tried to connect to the home WiFi network with the configured credentials and to MQTT brokwer through the Internet connection,
- The user can reset the configations at any time by holding GPIO0 to low for 5 seconds.

But this project build on Espressif SDK on my Ubuntu. Can any one help me convert Espressif SDK on my Ubuntu to Espressif SDK on Windows 7?

Thanks
By kenn
#18617 I suggest you grab and install the CHERTS development system for Windows; it's already set up. This is what i use.

I've successfully converted some new projects like so:

Clone your IoT project into the /examples dir.
    Then, try to make changes to the supplied make file for your windows environment (eg file paths, com port) .
    If that doesn't work, then grab a working make file from a working server project (and maybe also the mqtt example) from the /examples, and modify it for the new project (paths, included dirs, etc).

Messing with the make files isn't easy, but it was a good learning experience for me.