Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By jcmvbkbc
cal wrote:
jcmvbkbc wrote:depc SR may be used as temporary in the level-1 exception handler.

xtos int1 handler is being jumped to (jx) from vector and being returned from via rte.
So I guess I need depc1/deps1 to get control after the call.

epc1, yes. There's no ps save register for level 1 (as we only get here from intlevel 0, and the rest of the ps is left unchanged). But at the entry to the vector you'd need a place to save at least one register, and excsave1 (normally used for that) may be reserved by the original vector handler, that's why I'm talking about the depc.

cal wrote:Hmmmm ... an int2 may come inbetween. So maybe setting deps1 higher may be needed.

It may not, level 2 is the debug level in lx106, only level 3 (NMI), but that shouldn't lower intlevel.
By cal
#20314 I gave it a first try yesterday and just hardcoded icount* instead of saving them.
But I still have to find a way to save original depc1 to be able to return to that after int 1 call.
I can't use depc2 because watchpoints may trigger debug vector.
Nmi are out of control so depc3 is not usable.
As a first shot i used excsave1 to have something to try out.
Single stepping user code worked! Cool.
I thought about using just some plain memory location but I think a constant size save area may
not work at all or needs very careful usage.
I fear int1 calls can stack. While handling some int1 in handler another one may be triggered and enter the handler
to be integrated in the virtual int handling? Needs a closer look.
If thats possible the stacked call would have icount* already disabled so no need to wrap int1 handler and no need
to save original depc1. So a single memory location seems to be enough.

Funny ;-)

Cal