Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By timosk
#21943 Hello friends,
I am not quite sure if this is the right section for posting this thread, but any admin an correct me through :)

Suppose someone has an ESP8266 module and programming in LUA via ESPlorer.
If i want to setup the SSID and WEP key parameters WITHOUT changing it hard coded inside my LUA script, how will it be done ?
Example : Somehow i move the ESP to another location with another router settings (SSID name and WEP key). Is there any LUA script that represents a mini html page with SSID and WEP key fields to change them , and then keep the module running the rest of my code as a STATION mode (web sever) ?

Thanks in advance :)
Timothy
By flagtrax
timosk wrote:Hello friends,
I am not quite sure if this is the right section for posting this thread, but any admin an correct me through :)

Suppose someone has an ESP8266 module and programming in LUA via ESPlorer.
If i want to setup the SSID and WEP key parameters WITHOUT changing it hard coded inside my LUA script, how will it be done ?
Example : Somehow i move the ESP to another location with another router settings (SSID name and WEP key). Is there any LUA script that represents a mini html page with SSID and WEP key fields to change them , and then keep the module running the rest of my code as a STATION mode (web sever) ?

Thanks in advance :)
Timothy

I'm by no means an expert, and just learning myself, but I'd think that you'd have to create a variable to be read into a string to send to the router setting up the ssid-key. That being said that variable would be lost at reset/powercycle and have to be re-entered somehow. Normally via a serial input of some terminal program or such. If you have no serial input connected to it, IE it being remote and stand alone, I don't see how that would be reloaded.