Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By disaster
#23692 Hi Guys,

A couple of days ago my ESP01 came with the postman. Time to fiddle! This is my first esp device so to get going quickly i've decided to install the esp-open-sdk on my linux machine. It compiled without any problem. After compiling i did a git clone of the well known 'sources-code-examples'.

I've edited the makefile with the correct paths to my compiler/sdk/esptool.py paths and ran make all. Compiled nicely and it resulted in 0x00000.bin and 0x40000.bin. I connected my esp01 with a fdti adapter on a breadbord. At preinstalled AT example worked like a charm, so i thought, lets flash it with the basic_example.

Flashing went without any issue (using make flash) so i've disconnected GPIO0 and let the example run. But i don't get any AccessPoint visible and my serial monitor only showed a couple of garbage bytes on 115200. I also tried the blinky example, but no blinky on GPIO2 and the same garbage on the screen.

I'm fiddling with this for a couple of days now and don't seem to make any progress, can anybody help me debug?
By kolban
#24114 For debugging, if you can post some schematics of your circuits/wiring and also the application you compiled plus a detailed recipe of what you did to build it and what the serial monitors show. I also recommend some photos of your breadboard/stripboard ... that has proven useful in the past.