Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By rupin.chheda
#1943 Firstly, I am using a Rapsberry pi as my linux environment. I followed the steps listed at https://github.com/esp8266/esp8266-wiki/wiki/Toolchain
until the following gave me error

Code: Select all/opt/Espressif
git clone -b lx106 git://github.com/jcmvbkbc/crosstool-NG.git
cd crosstool-NG
./bootstrap && ./configure --prefix=`pwd` && make && make install
./ct-ng xtensa-lx106-elf
./ct-ng build

Code: Select all==> Executing: 'mkdir' '-p' '/opt/Espressif/crosstool-NG/.build/src/cloog-0.18.1/m4'
[ERROR]    The 'mpc-1.0.2' sources were partially extracted.
[ERROR]    Please remove first:
[ERROR]     - the source dir for 'mpc-1.0.2', in '/opt/Espressif/crosstool-NG/.build/src'
[ERROR]     - the file '/opt/Espressif/crosstool-NG/.build/src/.mpc-1.0.2.extracting'
[ERROR]    I'll stop now to avoid any carnage...
[ERROR] 
[ERROR]  >>
[ERROR]  >>  Build failed in step 'Extracting and patching toolchain components'
[ERROR]  >>        called in step '(top-level)'
[ERROR]  >>
[ERROR]  >>  Error happened in: CT_Abort[scripts/functions@331]
[ERROR]  >>        called from: CT_Extract[scripts/functions@932]
[ERROR]  >>        called from: do_mpc_extract[scripts/build/companion_libs/140-mpc.sh@21]
[ERROR]  >>        called from: do_companion_libs_extract[scripts/build/companion_libs.sh@22]
[ERROR]  >>        called from: main[scripts/crosstool-NG.sh@606]
[ERROR]  >>
[ERROR]  >>  For more info on this error, look at the file: 'build.log'
[ERROR]  >>  There is a list of known issues, some with workarounds, in:
[ERROR]  >>      'share/doc/crosstool-ng/ct-ng.1.20.0/B - Known issues.txt'
[ERROR] 

I have attached the log file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By jcmvbkbc
rupin.chheda wrote:
Code: Select all[ERROR]    The 'mpc-1.0.2' sources were partially extracted.
[ERROR]    Please remove first:
[ERROR]     - the source dir for 'mpc-1.0.2', in '/opt/Espressif/crosstool-NG/.build/src'
[ERROR]     - the file '/opt/Espressif/crosstool-NG/.build/src/.mpc-1.0.2.extracting'

What happens if you follow the suggestion crosstool-NG gives?

vkotenev wrote:unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH

What makes you think it's related to LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
By robb
#3356 I am a complete beginner with all the material this forum deals with, but I am slowly gaining a little bit of knowledge. I just received an ESP8266 module from Electrodragon (not yet unboxed). I was quite surprised to find from your post that all the development tools are available for the RaspberryPi, so I thought I would give it a try. Following the wiki Toolchain instructions, I was able to build (current Raspian version) without your errors. I did get the "Don't set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. It screws up the build" error and unset it. There were no other errors. I assume that means your problem is with the dependencies or elsewhere, rather than in the toolchain.