Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Necromant
#2926 Okay, folks. I still don't feel very well, so this small update won't be really feature packed, but there it goes:
  • DHCP server is now there and will be started on boot when dhcps-enable env variable is set to '1' (the default value).
  • New command: wipeparams. This command wipes the last 4 KiBs of FLASH clean, removing any wireless passwords stored by blobs.
  • Bootloop fixed (Hopefully)
  • Firmware from now on will be packed as one single .rom file to be written at the very beginning of the flash (0x0000) to keep thinks simple
  • Minor fixes here and there.
  • esp-open-sdk is now used to build everything, if you want to built the latest frankenstein master yourself - make sure to update to the lastest antares experimental
  • libc.a and libhal.a used are now opensource, lwip blob is next
  • Some initial parameters have now been moved to kconfig, thus making your frankenstein modular
    snapshot51.png

Grab the latest binaryat github and post about any issues you encounter or (better) create an issue at github.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Necromant
#2944 And yet another update with a new command: poke

You can now send arbitary text string to a remote host. Example:

Code: Select allpoke 192.168.0.101 8080 some-text-to-send

This is pretty much is for my patience and the 'espconn' API. As you might have noticed, for the reasons unknown espconn takes a while to close the connection. Why? No idea.
Once you flash the firmware - remember to power-cycle the ESP8266 module - wireless sometimes doesn't want to connect and iwscan hangs if you don't (WHY?)

So the action plan now is getting proper, blobless lwip running and making all the TCP/UDP connectivity on top of raw lwip, rather that poor excuse of a networking API. 'espconn' is just too buggy and ugly (plus with shady licensing)
By ystrem
#2949 I've tested the listen, it works :]. Great work.

frankenstein > listen 8080
Listening (TCP) on port 8080
connect | 192.168.88.237:51046
disconnect | 192.168.88.237:51046
connect | 192.168.88.237:51047
disconnect | 192.168.88.237:51047