Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By scargill
#2625 Still no further forward.

I type this..

setenv sta-mode hcp
and I get a boatload of control characters coming back
saveenv
again a boatload of control characters followed by the message "Writing environment to flash ... DONE"
reset
and it resets - but then when I type this

iwmode STA
iwconnect east-wing 1921681266

I get another load of control characters and it is not connecting to the access point. Nothing wrong with the access point as it works perfectly on other software.

I must be missing something - have I typed the right commands.. and what are all the control characters for???
By Lotus
Necromant wrote:
Lotus wrote:Thought this would be a good thread to ask a specific question:

- is there a way to get the RSSI of the connected link in STA mode apart from disconnecting and doing a site scan?

Not with their 'wonderful' API. But you can scan without disconnecting.

I notice in their API documentation they have a 'promiscuous mode' but not too much information about how to use it.

I suppose a wifi_station_scan can be done with channel and bssid identifiers and that should theoretically execute faster.
By tinhead
Lotus wrote:
Necromant wrote:
Lotus wrote:Thought this would be a good thread to ask a specific question:

- is there a way to get the RSSI of the connected link in STA mode apart from disconnecting and doing a site scan?

Not with their 'wonderful' API. But you can scan without disconnecting.

I notice in their API documentation they have a 'promiscuous mode' but not too much information about how to use it.

I suppose a wifi_station_scan can be done with channel and bssid identifiers and that should theoretically execute faster.

you can use attached example
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.