Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Necromant
#2758 Another small update, remember to update antares tree if you are building from soures as well.

• Ifconfig now prints out RSSI and Channel for STA iface. It takes a while.
  • Command prompt can be now cofigured with 'hostname' variable.
  • All user code now goes to irom by default. No IROM_FLASH_ATTR required any longer (yappe!)

If you now want code to be in RAM section - you'll need to place it in iram0.text section explicitly.
It all is done with a plain objcopy --rename-section magic, we're lucky nothing gets screwed and works.

As usual, grab the binaries at github. This is the last release using libc and lwip blobs from espressif, I will be switching to esp-open-sdk shortly and get rid of libc blob. Next will be lwip. The stock blob has DHCP_OPTION_HOSTNAME disabled that is annoying as hell.

If I'm lucky, I'll be able to switch to antares' built lwip that you will be able to configure with menuconfig and get all the fancy options. Maybe even IPv6.
Some bugs are likely to arise so I'll spend a while fighting them.

I hope that with next release blobs libc.a liblwip.a and libhal.a will be replaced by proper opensource alternatives.
By scargill
#2762 That last update you just completed, loaded at 0 and 0x9000 as the binaries suggest (I grabbed the binaries) - sits in a loop again - I think watchdog maybe - constantly displaying the power up info then repeating it...

If you have a minute can you tell me what the control characters are that I mentioned in my last email - loads of them with commands. I'm sure I'm missing the point somewhere.
By Necromant
#2763 Ooops, looks like something's gone wrong again with the last update. Some parts of their API really love to cause exceptions on some preconfigured modules that have been configured by other firmwares, especially if those were based of different versions of SDK. I'll add stuff to wipe stored network settings on the first start of frankenstein sometime tomorrow evening.