Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Necromant
#3212 Wow, the first time static build of toolchain results in failures on my memory.

Anyway, thanks for your code - I'll merge it as soon as I get near my PC. I gave it a quick look from the cellphone though:
* You don't need to specify ICACHE_FLASH_ATTR here, Antares does required magic to place code in there by default.
* No need to check argument count in do_ call, if you specified correct count in CONSOLE_CMD macro.
By Necromant
#3305 Okay folks, another update. No big changes so far.

Changes in antares:
  • New option to link against irom version of libc.
  • Basic dumb SBRK stub. Doesn't properly detect heap&stack collision, but still allows to use snprintf (Yay!) and other stuff from newlib we all missed. Using snprintf() add ~10k of bloat to the firmware, so beware. _read/_write support for stdio, fmemopen

Frankenstein:
  • iwconnect now blocks until the connection is either established, an error occures, or a timeout is reached!
  • DS18B20 support cleaned up and merged. Thanks, erl! Test if I haven't brokenanything, if you can. I don't have the hardware.
  • New command: flash_scan.
  • New command: getenv
  • Environment moved to the last flash block - 0x7f000. Looks like it isn't used by anyone.
  • Some console subsystem refactoring
  • Updated documentation!

I've taken some time to document some of most wanted features. Namely, apart from a README.hacking there's a README with some documentation for the end users to start with. This is the last update based on 0.9.2 SDK. 0.9.3 is the next target.
Please, power cycle device after flashing - that nasty goblin when no stations can be found or connected just after flashing is still with us.

As usual, the binary can be found at github. Please test and report bugs.
By erl
#3328 I'm getting a build problem with the latest checkout.

It looks like the Makefile in src mentions ap.o, but ap.c was removed in the latest check-in. If I remove the ap.o from the first line of src/Makefile I can build.
By Necromant
#3331 Oops, forgot to commit that. You can safely omit that ap.c, that was a relicof past experiments.
Meanwhile I got everything to build and work with 0.9.3 SDK, will post an update soon. The bug with not being able to connect or scan after reflash is now gone as well (hopefully). espconn things are still buggy as hell.