Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By MarekB
#6171 This is the AT version for 0.9.4. I don't remember where I found it but I think it was from Espressif. Now I noticed there is a bin folder as well, so I'll try to flash the bin files from there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Bananis
#6470 Seems the upgrade function is broken in 0.9.4 as something interferes with the memory allocations in system_upgrade_init(). This results in a lockup and a reset during upgrade before it even gets to system_upgrade_reboot(). As the upgrade is incomplete, the device boots to User1 each time.

To fix this, I made a patch in the upgrade_lib.c from the 0.9.3 SDK and made a new libupgrade.a (files attached). Repace the libupgrade.a file in the SDK with the attached file.

This works for me on SDK 0.9.4, but there might be more issues and more investigation is needed to find the root cause. Difficult as we haven't got the complete source 0.9.4 SDK afaik.

/Bananis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By reaper7
#6560 @Bananis - Your mod lib not work for me - seems to break on upgrade callback
but libupgrade.a from 0.9.5b1 works well with 0.9.4 SDK :)
By MarekB
#6640 Well, for me neither of those libs work. If I use your lib Bananis then I only get:

Code: Select allAT+CIUPDATE
+CIPUPDATE:1b
+CIPUPDATE:2
+CIPUPDATE:3
+CIPUPDATE:4

And that's it. No restart, nothing. Also I only see one request to the server:

Code: Select allRequest started: "GET" http://192.168.2.2:80/v1/device/rom/?is_format_simple=true
Request ended: http://192.168.2.2:80/v1/device/rom/default.aspx?is_format_simple=true with HTTP status 200.0

The second request to get the user2.bin file never happens.

If I use the lib from 0.9.5b1, it always jumps to user1.

I must also say that this OTA update does not work for me with 0.9.3 all the time either. The update happens, it restarts and then I get a bunch of never ending exceptions. But sometimes it works as it should.