Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By chandan2002x
#4303 I am working with cygwin, after struggling, somehow I managed to generate user1.bin and user2.bin too.
Manual flashing (through uart) of user1.bin to ESP is working fine (at respective address).
Updating also happening from local server.
But unfortunately the update process stalls and the last line showing
Code: Select all.............
2nd boot version : 1.1                 
  SPI Speed      : 40MHz                     
  SPI Mode       : QIO                   
  SPI Flash Size : 4Mbit                         
jump to run user2                                 
user code done

The device should (??) restart after it, but not restarting. Manual restarting sending to a different state where it is not recognising any command (baud rate mismatch??)

Any suggestion will be helpful.
BTW, I have also made a custom AT command to specify the local address from UART terminal.
By Bananis
#4320 @chandan2002x, I would guess something is wrong with your user2.bin, maybe the wrong linker script is used? Try diff it with user1.bin as they should be different. There is a bug in the original make file from espressif, so you need to trick it to build user2.bin with the right linker script by getting it to link again. I did it by removing some temp output file such as libuser.a after building user1.bin.

@Veda, the cloud update function is part of the AT code, available from espressif, http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64&sid=bb88be7c3a8395c5bc3aa18dbc0adced

/Bananis
By chandan2002x
#4324 @Bananis,
Thanks. I forgot to give a big thanks in previous post to you and I must mention that you are the only one that I found working "in this particular issue" which is unique by its importance. I am really impressed by your "default.aspx"., I really cant figure it out how did you manage it, but it is most important in server side.

Till now, I was concentrating on user1.bin only (as the espressif document readme.txt inside http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64). However, let me try if I can anything do with user2.bin. And I was removing libuser.a before each build and followed your direction.

If I get success, I shall post the custom AT command and the code as a tribute to your great initiative :)