Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By CHERTS
#53649 Hi all

I build a new version of Espressif DevKit for Windows v2.1.0 (17.08.2016)

Download new version here

Changelog: Look on the first page

Update procedure:
1. Remove the release version 2.0.x or beta version 2.1.0
2. Install the new beta version 2.1.0
ATTENTION!!! When you delete the old version will be removed entire directory C:\Espressif
By hdrut
mpmarks wrote:I just upgraded to the latest version that was released today (V 2.1.0) and now nothing works. By that I mean I built several of the examples and the same thing happens in each case. They seem to compile build and flash just fine but just send a stream of garbage to the serial port when they run.
Same thing happens to my own projects. Seems that something is broken or perhaps there is something that needs to be changed in the installation or build process.

Has anyone else rebuilt their code with the new version?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi, have you solved your problem? I am facing the same issue now... :(

Cheers
By tomeko
mpmarks wrote:I just upgraded to the latest version that was released today (V 2.1.0) and now nothing works. By that I mean I built several of the examples and the same thing happens in each case. They seem to compile build and flash just fine but just send a stream of garbage to the serial port when they run.

I have similar issues, although I haven't tested examples directly and haven't zeroed FLASH, I though this may be related to SDK 2.0 as I'm getting it using older gcc build.
When compiling i2c_bmp180.c (taken from examples) with new toolchain I'm getting "floating constant truncated to zero" and then gcc crashes (Windows 7, 32-bit).
By CARPP
#54447 Same thing here! I updated to the latest release from CHERTS (23th of august). Code compiles and uploads successfully but i get only garbage on my serial terminal. Any help / fix is very much appreciated.