Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By ssaguiar
#56485 I installe it 4 times.
Everytime, it works fine for 2 or 3 times, but it crashes (the eclipse crashes and becam unresponsive).
After that, I have to force close the eclipse and, after that, the eclipse crashes at the befinning (when it asks for the workspace).
In those casas I have to completely remove eclipse and reinstall everything.

Any ideas?

Thanks
By CHERTS
#57258 Hi all

I build a new version of Espressif DevKit for Windows v2.2.0 (26.10.2016)

Download new version here

Changelog: Look on the first page

Update procedure:
1. Remove the release version 2.x.x or beta version 2.x.x
2. Install the new version 2.2.0
ATTENTION!!! When you delete the old version will be removed entire directory C:\Espressif
By davydnorris
xPhyiscs wrote:Hi !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9uk-3A1acM

I just try to open new project , when I follow this tutorial I have the following output

Code: Select allmingw32-make.exe -f C:/Users/user/workspace/esp8266-test2/Makefile all
AR build/app_app.a
LD build/app.out
c:/Espressif/ESP8266_SDK/lib\libmain.a(app_main.o): In function `flash_data_check':
(.irom0.text+0x760): undefined reference to `user_rf_cal_sector_set'
c:/Espressif/ESP8266_SDK/lib\libmain.a(app_main.o): In function `flash_data_check':
(.irom0.text+0x770): undefined reference to `user_init'
(.irom0.text+0x8df): undefined reference to `user_rf_cal_sector_set'
(.irom0.text+0xb27): undefined reference to `user_init'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
C:/Users/user/workspace/esp8266-test2/Makefile:267: recipe for target 'build/app.out' failed
mingw32-make.exe: *** [build/app.out] Error 1

I could not find the solution ? What is my possible mistake ?
By the way, all other projects works well..
Can you help me ?

Thanks..

you need to create a user_main.c containing these two functions. An example of user_rf_cal_sector_set can be found in the esp-open-sdk or in CHERTS dev kit examples. Same with user_init.

If you already have user_main.c with these functions then maybe it's not included in the link list?
By CARPP
#58646 Did anyone fix the problem that the esp8266 just prints a lot of exception on the console if the program was compiled and flashed with the SDK >= 2.0? My controller doesn't do what it is supposed to do it just prints a lot of fatal exceptions. Does anyone know how to fix this?