Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By fgomes
#17723 Hi ni9e

Following your tip I have printed the connection state and effectively I saw that it was connected in 'N' mode:

command:
WiFi.printDiag(Serial);

result:
Mode: STA
PHY mode: N
Channel: 3
AP id: 0
Auto connect: 1
SSID (8): xpto-net
Passphrase (0):
BSSID set: 0

About forcing the mode in user_init, where did you do it? In the WiFi library? The wifi_set_phy_mode(PHY_MODE_11B) is not directly available in the Arduino library, so I'm supposing you have done it directly in the library, can you give some additional details about it?

Best regards

Fernando
By ni9e
#17898 Hi fgomes,

I wasn't using the Arduino library, I was using the SDK supplied by EspressIf.
It is written on page 43 of the SDK programming guide
I'm not familiar with the Arduino ESP8266 project, but I guess it is this one you are using. I'm guessing you have to add the call to wifi_set_phy_mode() to user_init() before you compile the library. Also, it seems there is no call to wifi_set_phy_mode in the code.

Best of luck!
By fgomes
#17977 Thanks for the info! I have read the function spec as you pointed and the issue with 802.11n seems to occur only in softAP mode, I'm using it in client mode, do you have the problem also in client mode and it was solved by forcing b/g mode? Or it was happening to you in softAP mode?

Bet regards

Fernando