Chat freely about anything...

By danbicks
frob wrote:Thanks for the great feedback!

Unfortunately I've been kinda swamped with work that pays the bills (Bluetooth mesh & RTLS modules etc, if you're curious),
as well as urgent home renovations that I'm trying to get finished before the arrival of my first born - due early December, but could arrive any day really :D
... so i haven't had a chance to do anything further since the last update -
However if you have a compelling WiFi audio project that could really use one of these, please PM me the details,
i might be persuaded to share one or 2 if you promise to get it doing something useful soon and posting the details here :)

Good luck with the little one buddy, family is priority! Get the work on the home done quick, nice when its all done you will be able to relax and enjoy the new addition to the family.

If you do have any sketch's to share of the web-radio with vs1053 that would be greatly appreciated. I have ordered one today and want to spend some time on this making a nice web-radio player with nice OLED etc.

Good luck mate

Dans
By frob
danbicks wrote:Good luck with the little one buddy, family is priority! Get the work on the home done quick, nice when its all done you will be able to relax and enjoy the new addition to the family.

If you do have any sketch's to share of the web-radio with vs1053 that would be greatly appreciated. I have ordered one today and want to spend some time on this making a nice web-radio player with nice OLED etc.

Hi Dan, thanks yes your right about that!
As for the module, its really intended to support the code project posted here:
http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=553
It runs standalone, no need for Arduino or any external MP3 decoder chip like the VS10xx (MP3 is decoded in software)
Although the code is pretty basic, its a good starting point to customize and build on;
i was planning to get it going in stereo and use an external codec & classD amp ic for better sound output, for starters.

cheers
By jkj@myrun.dk
#33313 Hi

Just want to fill in here - I am on a small team that have done a Class D amp with intregrated DACs - I will be very happy to evaluate and do the interface bits and bytes to get it up running with the code base from the ES.. provided mp3 decoder.

My only requirement is a clean i2s clock as it sets the audio quality in a setup like this - Do any of you know the quality of this clock.

I am new to the Esp devices but have a good reason to get going :-)

Regards Jørgen Kragh Jakobsen