General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Jokkepappa
#35238 This project seemed great and neat way to control ESP8266's so i decided to give it a go. I knew learning that BASIC as a kid was not a waste of time.

Totally love the idea i don't need to wire up the unit to anything to program it. Flash, Program, Forget.

Initially when trying to flash i ran into a problem. SP_Basic_Flasher did not want to launch. It just created 3 processes and got stuck at 120kB ram on each. Did not manage to get it working.

So i decided to go and flash it with esp8266_flasher (available for example Here instead)

So on the ESP-8266-07 (from Ai-Thinker) i flashed originally 2M binary. (then as sandfrog pointed out i flashed 1M binary. Thanks for pointing that out.)

Connections for unit
Obvious ones: VCC, GND, TX, RX
EN/CH_PD = HIGH
GPIO0 = LOW
GPIO2 = HIGH
GPIO15 = LOW

Ended up making a bridge between GND - GPIO15 and VCC - EN/CH_PD since those connections are needed anyways.

on esp8266_flasher you select bin file and download it. If all connections were made properly, it should flash it no problems. (ofc it's better to check your unit is working with terminal connection on serial port before trying to flash)

Everything worked like a charm and i got into programming the thing.

Keep up the great project. This is totally awesome.
Last edited by Jokkepappa on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By sandfrog
#35271 Hello, you must use 1M to flash the esp-07 from Ai-Thinker it has 1024kbit for Data, the Chip is a "25q80assig" from BergMicro.

For the Pin-out can you use http://www.grautier.com/wiki/lib/exe/fe ... wlan-s.png its build whit the ESP-07, Pull-up must be use on GPIO2 its Sent Data on Boot-Process.

mfg Sandfrog