A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Stevie
alonewolfx2 wrote:You can make wifi oled smart watch but battery
Can be terrible :) you can use your esp smart watch just 2 hour with 350-400mah battery. It's to bad for watch isn't it?

Well which is why I mentioned the cheaper: nokia 5110 lcd module, it has much lower power usage, and im sure the esp8266 can be adjusted to not use so much power (BTW can the wifi search be turned off to like a sleep setting? so that it does not use much power).
Honestly I think the micro-controller chip alone is worth the $2-$3 for the module, wifi is a awesome bonus, I think this could be made into the cheapest smart watch.

The battery is also what im not too sure on, maybe dissect Portable Mobile Power Bank USB 18650 Battery Charger (cost is like $1.30) and the battery is: 18650 3.7V 4900mAh - just need to fit that into a watch-sized casing.
By chaughwo
#9991 I don't know if you're still interested in this project, but I've been thinking of doing something similar. I have extensive hardware design experience, but my coding is sub-par. If you would be interested, I would like to collaborate on such a project.

-Christian Haughwout
By Sendoushi
chaughwo wrote:I don't know if you're still interested in this project, but I've been thinking of doing something similar. I have extensive hardware design experience, but my coding is sub-par. If you would be interested, I would like to collaborate on such a project.

-Christian Haughwout

Hey! I know it is ressurrecting a topic but I'm way interested in this.
Christian, are you still interested? I'm a web dev with a lot of experience, I do think that I could code such a project but I'm not that good with electronics.
By pratik
#48272 I did make something like this, a small LCD hooked up with an ARM920T @180MHz and 32MB RAM, running Linux with a 4GB microSD. And the ESP8266, of course.
But well, the battery industry needs a miracle to actually power this for long enough...