Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By HenrikM
#48255 Hi

I'm having big problems with changing the ssid and password when using the ESP8266WiFi library.

If i set the ESP12 as Acces Point and power it on, it will be accessible to all my other devices (Ubuntu laptop, Macbook pro, Samsung Galaxy 2/3/note and iPhone 5s). So far so good.

Then if I add a password to the ESP12, that will not be reflected on any of my devices. They will just still claim to log onto it, put will of course fail to acces it, due to the lack of the password.

If I then change the name, that will also not be reflected on any of the clients.

BUT, if I delete the password, after having changed the name, the new name suddenly shows up on the clients. But as before, now I can't add a password.

I have turned everything off and on, disabled/enabled wifi etc. etc. Been going in circles for hours now, and haven't gotten anywhere.

Code: Select all#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>

const char *ssid = "NewName";
const char *password = "1234";

WiFi.softAP(ssid, password);
By HenrikM
Subhajit Das wrote:Password too small. Must be greater than equal to 8 chars.

Yup, I figured that out, but thanks a lot to take time to answer my question :-) Don't understand that is not in the docs, when they put in, that 15 chars is max. For a mere software developer like me, this information is important :-)

BTW. It also seems that the specific password (1234) I put in the dummy code I wrote in here actually works. It seems to be the same as setting no password. Maybe also a Wifi standard?