Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Thanos
#42570 Greetings,

I've been spending hours in your forum the last couple of days concerning mods and circuitry about ESPs. Great work !!!

I'm trying to make a low-consumption ESP (owning an ESP8266-01 module) Door/Window Node and publish data to MQQT server.

So far i've csoldered the chip's pin with reset to allow wake up from deep sleep. By the way i've made it already on my first node for measuring temperature and humidity with a DHT and works like a charm, from morning until now with battery measuraments also.

Anyway I'm stucked thought cause i can't understand how to make this ESP to wake up (while in deep sleep) in every change state of the reed (even pulled up or pulled down) and take mesurament of the reed state HIGH or LOW to publish. I've seen a solution with pir sensor (and a swtich example) which i've tried since reed is a switch but if the ESP powers up when switch is OPEN it keeps reseting. :(

As i red the ESP can wake up, except from the internal clock, from a pulse on the RST pin. But how can i fire that pin in any state of the reed? pull up and pull down state?? At the beginning i've connected the reed switch to GND parallel with a Capacitor to GPIO 2 following a lua example on reed switch but still it wasn't flowless in one state up or down it stucked.

I don't want to bother much and thanks for reading my post on the first place, any help or ideas would really be appreciated cause i'm stucked.

all the best,
thanos
By freedom2000
#48278 Hi,

What you want to do is detction of falling or rising edge of your reed device.

See here an example with a simple Xor gate : http://www.circuitdiagramworld.com/ampl ... 22653.html

you will have to invert the output to produce the desired 1/0/1 pulse needed to wake up the ESP8266 when connected to GPIO16+Reset pins
By Robot Hacker
#48285 I saw an entry a while back that had a very simple circuit to wake an ESP8266 with a button that should do what you want. Just replace the button with the reed switch. The first picture in the entry has a PIR sensor, but the second picture shows how to do it with a switch.
PIR SENSOR - WAKE AND SLEEP USING CH_PD & THINGSPEAK UPDATE.