Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#48280 I did post about this already several times it seems to be a topic that is very touchy with very vague reasons I think it is the developers personal preference not to do this with the main branch of basic however you are free to make a branch doing this I believe there were some worries that mike had or he did not feel it was as important as many of us do I believe I also made a feature request. Go ahead and post it as a feature you would like to see. The more people asking about this topic I think the more likely a solution will arrive there have been several others that have hinted about wanting the same features with different words.
Go ahead and post away.
By Mmiscool
#48281 The 3.0 branch is back to using either station or ap mode exclusively.

There were some other problems with having both modes on at same time. I think there is a performance hit that makes it laggy in ap mode when connected to another network.
By forlotto
#48282 So,3.0,must,be,comming,along,pretty,well? <- Got to get into the habit :P

Good to see things are coming along rather nicely I will enjoy single mode wifi personally and I am sure it will stop a lot of conflicts and questions that will arise related to accidentally being connected to both trying to preform operations. I figured this out the hard way when it all started and could not understand why my device would reboot after requests.

PS thanks for adding the hardware discussions forum I see we actually had our first discussion shortly after it was introduced about 1 wire made me feel better about its usefulness. I can only be of one opinion but to see that it is useful for others as well this is good.
By ardhuru
Mmiscool wrote:The 3.0 branch is back to using either station or ap mode exclusively.

How do you do this? Works fine as AP, but cannot get it work as a station.

I think the Settings page is somewhat confusing. How does one disable AP mode, for example? Is merely specifying your router credentials for 'Station' good enough?

I think now that ver 3.0 has been decided to use either mode exclusively, it might be a good idea to be able to select either of the two with a tick box, ensuring the other mode is disabled, and the required mode is enabled.