A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Mril
#48259 Hi all,
I want to send data(or a txt file) via an esp8266 module to other ones, I tried with At commands but it doesn't work(Or I maybe my it was the wrong way), I saw in a forum, that we can do it with lua firmware, but I don't know how.
Can I send/receive files or data using AT commands, or I have to use lua firmware for it(if I can do It can you pls tel me how)
Thks all.
A
By pratik
#48271 I think one of the simplest ways to do this via AT commands would be to implement one of the stations as servers. Now if one device requests the file from the other device (running in server mode), it can forward the file as requested.
The device serving file will be running the server configuration, the other one can simply access the file by requesting <server_IP>/filename.txt
This will work when both devices are on the same local network, of course. :)
By Mril
pratik wrote:I think one of the simplest ways to do this via AT commands would be to implement one of the stations as servers. Now if one device requests the file from the other device (running in server mode), it can forward the file as requested.
The device serving file will be running the server configuration, the other one can simply access the file by requesting <server_IP>/filename.txt
This will work when both devices are on the same local network, of course. :)

Oh really I though it would be more complicated with the AT commands, so let suppose I have 3 esp: A, B and C
the three should be in station mode and create a server in A(using AT+CIPSERVER=1,80, or should I use another command??), and which command do I have to use to send my file.
by saying that both devices are on the same local network you mean all my esp's are connect in the same AP? if yes can I use a fourth (D) esp as an AP?
Thank you so much for help :mrgreen: :mrgreen: