Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Ediolot
#49902 Hello ! I have been using an ESP8266 module with the Arduino IDE to flash some custom firmware. I saved the module for a few days and when I tried to flash it again I got the error:
Code: Select allwarning: espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

After a day of failed attemps I thought I could have broke it someway when flashing, it is so cheap that I just when to the store and buy another one. But the same error is still there. If I connect the new module in normal mode (GPIO0 HIGH) I can read using the Arduino IDE Serial Monitor it is ready and working:
Code: Select all...
Ai-Thinker Technology Co.,Ltd.

ready

Im using an ESP-01 module and a Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM4) that seems to work pretty good.
The Arduino IDE is configured as follows:
Board: SparkFun ESP8266 Thing
CPU Frecuency: 80MHz
Upload Speed: 115200
Port: COM4
Programmer: AVRISP mkll

This is the wiring I am using to program it:

As said, to start the module in normal operation, I open first the Arduino IDE Serial Monitor configured with NL& CR and 115200 bauds, then I press the reset button. All normal.

When I want to flash the ESP-01 module, I select "Upload" in Arduino, it starts compiling and then I press both RESET and GPIO0 buttons. Before the Arduino IDE shows "Uploading" I release the RESET button and maintain pressed GPIO0 button until it finish.

The complete log is here:
http://textuploader.com/53wz9

Any suggestions where the error could be ? Thanks.
By MadeInFck
#50419 Quite the same issue, uploading unsuccessful with this result :

Code: Select allwarning: espcomm_send_command: didn't receive command response
warning: espcomm_send_command(FLASH_DOWNLOAD_BEGIN) failed
closing bootloader
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

GPIO 0 is low, 3.3V supply not from FTDI. Maybe the timing between reset and arduino uploading...
Wasting so much time on this...