Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By davemohla
#49980 Got it. Thanks so much for the detailed explanation!

When the ESP8266 is working, it's awesome but the constant resets have been driving me crazy :)

My sketch is fairly complex if you include all the libraries it uses so it seems like debugging all the Watchdog Timer issues could be a nightmare. Hopefully, in future versions of the ESP8266, the resets can be eliminated so you can use the same code as you would on an Uno or other Arduino board and it just works.

I'm probably going to try another WiFi chip such as the ATWINC1500 or Photon and have my fingers crossed that they don't have resets or other quirky issues.
By martinayotte
#49992 Yes ! The above explanation about WTD and yield() is right !

Show us (or provide link to) the source of this function :
ArduCAM::bus_read(int) at /Users/davemohla/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ArduCAM/ArduCAM.cpp line 356
We will quickly figure out ...
By davemohla
#49997 Thank you so much martinayotte! Yes, would be awesome if you're able to figure out what is causing it and explain it to me so I can hopefully prevent those issues going forwards.

Here is a link to the ArduCam.cpp code. I'm in close contact with the writer of it so, if there is an issue that's causing resets, I can ask him to modify it.

https://github.com/ArduCAM/Arduino/blob ... rduCAM.cpp
By martinayotte
#50001 There is something strange : the line number of your stacktrace doesn't match the sources you've provided.
The function bus_read() is at line 174, not 356.

Are you using the same version ?
I see in the code that it is already "ESP8266" aware, did you inspire your sketch from its own examples ?
Did you tried those examples as standalone to see if the problem occurs there too ?