Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By lotus49
#51352 I want to use Neil Kolban's ESPLibs (https://github.com/nkolban/ESPLibs) with my NodeMCU V3.

When I clone the library into ~/Arduino/libraries I get the error message "Invalid library found in ~/Arduino/libraries/ESPLibs: ~/Arduino/libraries/ESPLibs".

I am quite happy to try to debug this but Mr Kolban is clearly a chap who knows his stuff and this makes me wonder whether the mistake is mine.

Has anyone else successfully used these libraries?
By rudy
#51355 I don't know what the issue is but maybe it might just be an incompatibility as of today, but may have worked before. Things change and not everything will work as it has in the past. I'm not saying that this is the problem, more that it could be.
By lotus49
rudy wrote:I don't know what the issue is but maybe it might just be an incompatibility as of today, but may have worked before. Things change and not everything will work as it has in the past. I'm not saying that this is the problem, more that it could be.

I cut and pasted the code into .cpp and .h files in the same folder as my project and it worked. Perhaps it's the other library (Neil's ESPLibs have more than one library) that the Arduino IDE is complaining about.

schufti wrote:try putting them to ...../sketchbook/libraries/ thats the proper place for 3rd party libs

That is where they are now. There isn't a folder called sketchbook but the folder my Arduino IDE thinks is sketchbook (if I open File->Sketchbook it show the projects in ~/Arduino) is where the library is not. It must be able to find the library or it wouldn't have complained.

I have managed to compile my project by copying the code into project-specific files so I have achieved what I wanted even if it's a bit ungainly.