As the title says... Chat on...

By rsabin
#51652 Hi jankop,
Yes, I know about upper and lower case. I write my ssid and password exactly like in my router.

I need a better log or debug on esp to try figure out the error.

Tonight I gonna try a new router.
By rsabin
#51663 Hi Marcel, thanks for your patience.

Answering your questions:
Build:
Yes, my “custom build” is made using the nodemcu-build.com.
I just selected the default modules (the ones that came selected) and received the link by mail.
And used the “integer” build.

The code:
The code you posted is exactly the same that I posted. We got from same place.
The only significant diference is the setphymode() command that was me trying to figure out the problem.
(My AP Works with 802.11G + 802.11N).
Others diferences are just prints() and a counter to stop after 20 loops.

getconfig() return:
The getconfig() looks ok.
My SSID only user letters and my password have one special character “(“. Zero spaces in both.
If this sound important: When I put some inexistent ssid, the return change to “4: STA_FAIL” after some time.

My AP:
As far I know, my AP is not rejecting anything.
I have mani wifi devices in my home and everything connect just with ssid and password.
I am using WPA2_PSK security.

Thanks
By marcelstoer
rsabin wrote:Yes, my “custom build” is made using the nodemcu-build.com.

Be that as it may your image at http://i.imgur.com/qnjoKIk.jpg shows that what you actually flashed is something else! A firmware from my service prints a boot message like this:

Code: Select allNodeMCU custom build by frightanic.com
        branch: master
        commit: c8037568571edb5c568c2f8231e4f8ce0683b883
        SSL: false
        modules: file,gpio,i2c....

So, make sure you flash the right firmware binary and consider http://nodemcu.readthedocs.io/en/latest ... g-firmware in case you're upgrading. Also, you may want to increase the baud rate in ESPlorer to 115200 for a better coding experience ;)

rsabin wrote:The only significant diference is the setphymode() command that was me trying to figure out the problem.

That's what I meant.

rsabin wrote:My SSID only user letters and my password have one special character “(“.

Try a plain password just to rule out a problem with this.

rsabin wrote:I am using WPA2_PSK security.

Once you get the right firmware you may want to try a different mode just to rule out a problem with this.