Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By boraozgen
#53098 Hey guys,

I have an idea in my mind to use the memory content after the device resets. I suppose the RAM is capable of holding the data if it is not overwritten. I have tried to write to an address after 3FFE8000h (which is the user data RAM) and read the same address after the reset, however it always returns 0. Is there a script that resets the RAM content to 0 or am I missing something?

Cheers
By Jep
#53836 Hi,
I don't know the details on RAM usage on ESP8266, however by definition RAM is not ROM so each time the board is being powered OFF then ON you lose the RAM content
By boraozgen
#54052 That is correct for DRAM, however SRAM has the capability of retaining its data for a while after a warm reset (Without pulling the plug of the device). For example in AVR microcontrollers:
http://atmel.force.com/support/articles/en_US/FAQ/AVR-Memory-Content-after-RESET-and-SLEEP
I was hoping to access the retained data on the SRAM, however all I see is zeros after the reset. Is there a certain way the RAM is initialized?