Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By PhilTilson
#53927 I have been checking out the wifi commands and am now happy I understand how they all work - except this one!

According to the documentation,
Will allow for the connect and ap commands to be used simultaneously to connect to a network and broacast out an access point at the same time.

However, this command does not permit the specification of any SSID, password, IP address etc. So how does the system know what these parameters are?

In addition, it is listed as a command rather than a function (ie no value returned) so how does one know if it has worked or not?

Sorry - I need help on this one!

Phil
By forlotto
#53931 it takes the settings from the settings page that are editable and uses them to create a connection to your router while still maintaining the ability to connect to it as an access point.

However it is important to note that once done you have reached the limit of connections it is able to handle and if connected in both modes at once it may cause conflict with the program running or resets it is important to only connect via one method or the other to limit any issues with your software running I have had some success doing both but it was very limited and while I do not know for sure I believe this is related more to the hardware ability rather than software ability from my interpretation of different discussions on the subject which I do not promise are 100% correct do not let me discourage you from finding a method to do so.

There is a method to change wifi settings from within your software and turn it on or off as well but the settings page does an excellent job of handling all of this in version 3.x even allowing a static IP to mitigate having different IP's on connection but it is important to note this IP as it will also be your IP for your AP if set to static.

Enjoy hope this helps.