Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By PhilTilson
#53928 According to the documentation, the system will run default.bas on start-up.

This may be so if a power-down has been done, but a reset appears to run whichever program was in the buffer last, and not default.bas.

Is this by design? If so, it should probably be documented.

Phil
By forlotto
#53932 Providing that you have visited the settings page and checked run default.bas on start up ...

Good question dunno the fix would have to issue the run command after reset condition occurs.

By reset do you mean pressing a reset button, or setting pin16 high, or reset due to some internal error or possibly another method of reset?

I would think that most all resets would cause a shutdown but if I recall correct you are correct I find myself visiting run after reset I even integrated the visitation of run into my phone application on the newest light dimmer. It may be default behavior as intended or it may not. Will have to get feedback from mmiscool on this one to see this is normal and if it is for a specific reason such as OTA, debugger etc...

Anyhow good catch I believe I know what you are speaking of as well after thinking on it I skirted the issue by visiting run as soon as I opened my phone app but if I recall correctly this was not the normal method of operation in the past.