Chat freely about anything...

By elRey
#54152 Just want to say hi there, and share my 1st attempt at making a dev esp12 breadboard friendly. I know I'm losing a lot of pins and I have to manually short flash mode pin while I plug usb in, but it works and I use OTA flashing there after.

Thanks.

All pictures -> http://creativeion.com/rey/circuits/esp12_bread/

By rudy
#54169 Hi, and nice job.

I had used the cheap breakout boards for the ESP-12 and they certainly are not breadboard friendly. I had some extra space on a PCB at work so I made a somewhat better layout. It at least exposes a set of pins on each side of the board.

But what I wanted to mention is that I also solder a 0.1" header pins to the top of the module so I can put it into programming mode. It is in the picture but hard to make out, a side view would be more clear. I also solder a small switch to the metal shield (ground) and reset. So that I can easily reset the board. And on D15, along with the required pull down resistor I solder a surface mount LED and resistor as another status indicator.

And I might as well show the back of the board.

Pull up and pull down resistors, some required, some for convenience. Plus a linear regulator. I have used the little switching regulator, that you used, on some commercial products. I really like it.