Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Electroguard
#55676 Having pointed out the 'every other' save problem I was getting, I tried loading and saving a different (6K) IR cloning script I was previously working on... and it saved ok each time.

But I did notice something else that needs mentioning, and may be related...

Both Oldbod and myself independently posted about V3 'LET' errors, and apparently the problem is only if 'let' is used with arrays.

But for me, this lttle snippet...
Code: Select allmemclear
let irpin = 5

produces...
Error at line 2: Comparaison between string and number!
(an unwanted 'a' in comparison, mon Kapitan)

That snippet doesn't use arrays, so I'm wondering if it only causes an error for the likes of myself and perhaps Oldbod ... who both are coincidentally unable to Format our V3 devices!

The more I think about it, the more the V3 Format failure problem seems to be unwittingly holding a Tiger by the tail, because either the Format rigmarole is all unecessary, or else we've been pretty lucky to have got away with it up until now!

So before anyone gets a surprise mauling by a hidden tiger, is anyone else unable to Format their V3 devices?
By aphawk
#55679 Electroguard,

I have the same problem : can't use the V3 Flasher with my two Nodemcu. Even from version v0.43 from now, none had worked right.

The flasher program runs ok in screen, but the ESP8266Basic start with some strange problems, like File Manager crash when transfer a file, or the Debug don't runs the program. And many times nothing works after flashing.

I have to use the Flash Download Tools V3.41, and this always have success to me.
By Electroguard
#55714 Here's some more V3 Format failure feedback in case it helps identify the cause of the problem, and a question at the end...

I noticed there was an updated A50 flasher available, so I tried formatting with that in case any changes had been made, but it still fails with the same 'esptool.exe has stopped functioning' error.

I then tried creating a Camstudio video to show what was happening, and after a few attempts (it's the first time I've tried using it) I ended up with a 990Mb 1minute AVI clip! But I am mentioning this because during my experimental trial and error I made CamStudio fall over a couple of times with a very similar 'camstudio has stopped functioning' error window.

So I thought I'd try to Format Flash a device on a completely different (non-VMware) computer to see if that might improve matters, but the other machine returns exactly the same error! This was using Win7 SP1 and a nodeMCU.

An interesting observation is that even though the Format Flash fails with the error msg, I can immediately click Firmware Flash after the format error and the Firmware Flash will succeed ok.

I suspect though, that then trying to use it is effectively trying to set sail in a damaged ship - it may appear ok on the surface, but it could have all sorts of hidden problems lurking below waiting for an opportunity to cause havoc!

So for those of us unable to V3 Format Flash but wanting to use V3, would there be any advantage to be gained in doing a V2 Format Flash before a V3 Firmware Flash?
Or would that just be a pointless mis-match?
By Ecoli-557
#55730 I am having the same problem when trying to save the 2nd time after re-connecting to WiFi of the ESP horking when I try to save the 2nd time. It dumps and then resets.
It seems to save the file as far as I can see but the rebooting every 5 min is un-settling especially when trying to 'learn' this new tech.
Willing to try anything that moves us forward.......
Regards.