Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Mmiscool
#55738 If you connect to a serial terminal after and reboot the device is the esp basic firmware present ?
By Electroguard
#55740 No, I couldn't connect. Had all sorts of little calamities cos of pixie dust in my eyes and it after 2am and I'm falling asleep. Will try tomorrow with a V2A24 format and firmware flash to see if I can get my dead beastie back into life using V2, then coax it carefully back to V3A50
zzzzzzzzzz.
By Electroguard
#55753 Tried reformatting with the new A51 flasher this morning, but the results are same as last night, triangle window pops up straight away without any timeout delay and there are no erros mentioned in the dos window.
Went ahead and did a Firmware flash anyway which completed ok, but no auto-reboot after, and a manual reboot just sits inactive without any sign of life nor serial feedback or any attempt to boot and connect.

Update - did a Format using V2A24, then a virgin Firmware flash of V3A51.
No autoreboot after, and manual reboot causes loads of serial being sent out but nothing inteligible at 9600, then the blue led comes on and stays on while esp keeps endlessly serial puking.

Update of Update - all the above still applies, but it appears that device may have now given up the ghost, because doing a V3 Firmware flash after a Format failure on a different esp device does then autoreboot and connect.

But in answer to last nights question, after the V3 Format failure it stops the device from issuing anything from the serial port.
By Electroguard
#56089 Mike,

I tried to PM you, but my account has always refused to connect me to other members (perhaps a deliberate gagging constraint!).

It's over a week ago since you said you'd identified the V3 Format failure problem, but the resulting modified flasher did not fix the problem, nor have any of the 3 updates that have been issued since.
Somewhat bizarrely, none of those 3 updates were accompanied by any explanation or news.
I mentioned back then that an IR cloning script I was doing indicated that the problem was not script specific. A week later you post your own IR learning remote example, which was evidently considered a more important priority than the still unresolved and potentially serious V3 Format failure problem. So the surreal silence prompts me to ask if you are ok, and what is the situation?

Regards,
Robin.