Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By xPhyiscs
#55849 Hello everyone,

I follow a lot of forums and tutorials to find the development environment for ESP8266. I have three kind of boards. ESP01, NodeMCU which has ESP12 ( I think ) and OLIMEX esp8266 ( https://www.olimex.com/Products/IoT/MOD ... P8266-DEV/ ). I try your development environment with olimex and nodemcu. It is great thank you so much. I do not have to use arduino ide to program the esp8266.

But last day I have some situation. It is a little bit weird. I follow your instructions and set up the eclipse with full examples. I tried them directly without any change, then I do not see any trouble. Your examples work with my olimex esp8266. But some time after, ıt can not flash my esp8266, actually, after flash it gives error. Then I check the makefile, I see makefile configuration is for 1024 kb flash size but my esp8266 from olimex has 2000 kb ? I want to ask , why It was working at first ?

When I change the needed parameters there is no problem. Everything works !

I am really confused ?

Can you say me why is this happen ??
By davydnorris
NDE wrote:I'm trying to get the hackitt _mqtt_dev up and running, but it seems to build but falls over when trying to program the devices.

this bit in the make file seems to fail

Code: Select allflash_1MB_init: all
   $(PYTHON) dtr.py $(ESPPORT)
   $(ESPTOOL) -p $(ESPPORT) -b $(ESPBAUD) write_flash $(FLASH_OPTS) 0x00000 $(RBOOT_BIN) 0x02000 $(RBOOT_ROM_0)  0x0FE000 $(NEWSTUFF)/blank.bin 0x0FC000 $(NEWSTUFF)/esp_init_data_default.bin 

this is the error produced.
Code: Select all20:02:56 **** Build of configuration Default for project hackitt_mqtt_dev ****
mingw32-make.exe -f C:/Users/neil/workspace/hackitt_mqtt_dev/Makefile flash_1MB_init
C:\Python27\python.exe dtr.py COM6

Reset issued
c:/espressif/utils/esptool.exe -p COM6 -b 230400 write_flash -fs 32m -ff 80m -fm qio 0x00000 firmware/rboot.bin 0x02000 firmware/romx.bin  0x0FE000 c:/Espressif/esp8266_sdk/bin/blank.bin 0x0FC000 c:/Espressif/esp8266_sdk/bin/esp_init_data_default.bin 
C:/Users/neil/workspace/hackitt_mqtt_dev/Makefile:276: recipe for target 'flash_1MB_init' failed
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, c:/espressif/utils/esptool.exe -p COM6 -b 230400 write_flash -fs 32m -ff 80m -fm qio 0x00000 firmware/rboot.bin 0x02000 firmware/romx.bin 0x0FE000 c:/Espressif/esp8266_sdk/bin/blank.bin 0x0FC000 c:/Espressif/esp8266_sdk/bin/esp_init_data_default.bin, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

mingw32-make.exe: *** [flash_1MB_init] Error 2

20:03:04 Build Finished (took 7s.916ms)

can't find what file it cannot find, they seem to be where it is looking for them. Can anyone give me a few pointers as to where to look or what the problem is?

i find the make files very hard to understand but i'm working on it.

That looks like the standard OS level message, which means it can't find c:/espressif/utils/esptool.exe - Could be a path problem??
By xPhyiscs
#55897 Hi !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9uk-3A1acM

I just try to open new project , when I follow this tutorial I have the following output

Code: Select allmingw32-make.exe -f C:/Users/user/workspace/esp8266-test2/Makefile all
AR build/app_app.a
LD build/app.out
c:/Espressif/ESP8266_SDK/lib\libmain.a(app_main.o): In function `flash_data_check':
(.irom0.text+0x760): undefined reference to `user_rf_cal_sector_set'
c:/Espressif/ESP8266_SDK/lib\libmain.a(app_main.o): In function `flash_data_check':
(.irom0.text+0x770): undefined reference to `user_init'
(.irom0.text+0x8df): undefined reference to `user_rf_cal_sector_set'
(.irom0.text+0xb27): undefined reference to `user_init'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
C:/Users/user/workspace/esp8266-test2/Makefile:267: recipe for target 'build/app.out' failed
mingw32-make.exe: *** [build/app.out] Error 1

I could not find the solution ? What is my possible mistake ?
By the way, all other projects works well..
Can you help me ?

Thanks..
By anouar
#56466 Hello
I have a problem regarding the use of esp8266 through devolpmente kit eclips
I followed the guide when I make built I find these 16 problems i dont know way these errors

undefined reference to `UartDev' uart.c /hello_world line 39 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `UartDev' uart.c /hello_world line 44 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `UartDev' uart.c /hello_world line 46 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `UartDev' uart.c /hello_world line 57 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `UartDev' uart.c /hello_world line 178 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `UartDev' uart.c /hello_world line 180 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `uart_tx_one_char' uart.c /hello_world line 163 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `uart_div_modify' uart.c /hello_world line 44 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `system_get_flash_size_map' user_main.c /hello_world line 37 C/C++
undefined reference to `ets_uart_printf' user_main.c /hello_world line 19 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `ets_timer_setfn' user_main.c /hello_world line 79 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `ets_timer_disarm' user_main.c /hello_world line 77 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `ets_timer_arm_new' user_main.c /hello_world line 81 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `ets_isr_unmask' uart.c /hello_world line 182 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `ets_isr_attach' uart.c /hello_world line 39 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `ets_install_putc1' uart.c /hello_world line 185 C/C++ Problem

,I need a help thanks