Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By KevinA
piersfinlayson wrote:Success! A working non OS SDK test app which erases, writes and reads to a sector at each 1MB interval on a 16MB chip is available here:

https://github.com/piersfinlayson/esp-sdk-samples/tree/master/eeprom

Tested with a Wemos D1 mini, with winbond w25q128fvsig chip.

I'm hopeful but can't guarantee the same approach will work in rboot (to allow booting from images in a space beyond 4MB). Will try anon.

Good find! I have a WeMos Mini Pro on it's way, someday, but I do have a question: Why call a W25Q132 eeprom? All the EEPROM's I know of run at 10~20Mhz and none have more than 1MB.
By piersfinlayson
KevinA wrote:Good find! I have a WeMos Mini Pro on it's way, someday, but I do have a question: Why call a W25Q132 eeprom? All the EEPROM's I know of run at 10~20Mhz and none have more than 1MB.

I don't claim to be an expert on eeprom/flash terminology! I probably just had eeprom on the brain after playing around with MCP I2C eeproms!
By KevinA
#57047 I played with those while I was working with Microchip products but since flash got fast I havn't had a reason. I still have tubes of EPROM's and a UV erasers laying around!