Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By rudy
The edge esp's have to have the radio strength to reach the other edge.

From my tests a message will go beyond the range of one node because the message is passed through an intermediate node.

The reality is that EasyMesh is of most use for an independent sensor network and most often the sensors are close enough that the esp radios are all in range.

My interest in EasyMesh is as a control system with few sensors but many control output nodes. Along with that there will be adjoining control zones that will act independently from other zones but the mesh network will allow data access to be available anywhere the mesh extends. So my applications may not fit what you see as the typical EasyMesh system but I think that it is more typical of the reason for having a mesh network in the first place. I do think that more applications that use EasyMesh will not require a meshed network. Hopefully it will become reliable to use soon.

Prior to my interest in EasyMesh I had been leaning more towards a UDP based solution. I still have not ruled that out, but the current work on EasyMesh still makes me hopeful that it will be usable.
By picstart
#57190 rudy
You are correct I should have said sensors and or controls. As far as the range goes I was contrasting the EasyMesh design with say another design (Xigbee) that can message around corners to reach devices that are out of range for the sender but in range for an intermediate device that can receive from the sender and also be in range for the intended receiver ( it relays the message around the blind spot).