Chat freely about anything...

By stavbodik
rudy wrote:
I think the main question I should ask is why when connecting gpio0 to ground (UART mode) , The voltage on the esp comes back to normal 3.3v ?

The voltage from the regulator should always be 3.3v.

Exactly ): I cant understand why its happening.
By rudy
#55089 You duplicated the circuit you had on the breadboard. At least you think you did. But it really seems like you didn't. So you need to verify everything.

It also is possible that you damaged your module somehow.

What are you using for a power supply to this board? And what is the input voltage to the regulator when the 3.3v goes low? Is the regulator hot?
By stavbodik
rudy wrote:You duplicated the circuit you had on the breadboard. At least you think you did. But it really seems like you didn't. So you need to verify everything.

It also is possible that you damaged your module somehow.

What are you using for a power supply to this board? And what is the input voltage to the regulator when the 3.3v goes low? Is the regulator hot?

I am using 3*1.5V AA batteries it is getting hot only when all connections is set (I have news please read follow )

News :
I have read about esp8266 "zombie" mode and friend from other forum told me I should try replace the 10Kh resistor on GPIO-0 to 4.7Kh (maybe there is not enough current for the esp to weak/sleep ) .

So today I did try'd to replace but unfortunately with no results...the voltage on the esp is 1.8/2V insted of 3.3V.

I decided to disconnect all connections and reconnect everything step by step.
Each step I have added new connection I did measure the voltage on the esp ,
All the way the voltage was stable 3.3V on the esp, But when I connected the CH_PD the voltage drops down again ):

Here is image of the connections again ( W/O the CH_PD connected ) :

At this point the voltage is stable 3.3V , If I connect CH_PD to VCC with 10K resistor the voltage goes down .

I checked the behavior as was in the last video I made : https://sendvid.com/su3degn6
It is the same exactly (different board/esp)

Any suggestions please?