So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By andresharambour
#59050 Hey guys,

I hope i'm in the right section of the forum. I've been googling for days and haven't found an answer to help me use this board I bought.

I've been playing around with arduinos for a few months now, and even connected them to internet using the esp8266-01 following some tutorials without a problem. So I wanted to control a relay and radio transmitter with this NodeMCU board I bought a few days ago to avoid using the arduino plus the esp8266 01 and just one board to do the job. I found some tutorials on how to program codes to the board using the Arduino IDE, but I haven't been able to communicate with the board. All I get is a blue led constantly on, nothing changes no matter what I do, I tried powering with the usb micro cable, direct 5v input to the Vin pin and regulated 3.3v to the respective pins and all I get every time is that one blue LED constantly on.

I use mac and also tried flashing a new firmware using pyserial and esptool but no luck there either.

I've downloaded the recommended driver and boards to use with the arduino ide, but nothing.

Any suggestions before I give up and try buying another one?

This is the board I have:

This is it with the blue LED on. No other LED flashes or anything, never.

Thanks for your time!
By scrumfled
#59096 Did you install the drivers for the board?

If yes, then drop to terminal and type "ls /dev/cu*", if you dont see it there as a usb-serial device, you've probably got the wrong driver.
By andresharambour
scrumfled wrote:Did you install the drivers for the board?

If yes, then drop to terminal and type "ls /dev/cu*", if you dont see it there as a usb-serial device, you've probably got the wrong driver.

Yes I did, and in fact I can see it properly when I plug it into the computer. But I'm still not able to do anything with it...

Thanks for your time!