As the title says... Chat on...

By marcelstoer
linuxslate.com wrote:I used the On-Line Build Tool, and that does not allow you to access user_config.h

I'm confused...why would you need that? Whether your firmware contains a file module that supports the object model is "a question of time". That feature was merged to the dev branch on November 8th. The dev branch was snapped to master on December 1st. However, you haven't told us what version your firmware is (date & branch).
By linuxslate.com
#59198 NodeMCU custom build by frightanic.com
branch: master
commit: 7b83bbb2ea134cd85ac9d63108603cc02c4e20f7
SSL: false
modules: enduser_setup,file,net,node,pcm,rtctime,sntp,tmr,uart,wifi
build built on: 2016-11-23 14:41
powered by Lua 5.1.4 on SDK 1.5.4.1(39cb9a32)

You're Confused?! I'm the Noob. I never touched a NodeMCU before a few weeks ago.

At any rate, the above explains it. "Missed it by that much".

Actually a compliment to the project -- few projects have their documentation that up to date.

My project is working well for now, and I have been spending too much time on this project (I believe the medical term is obsessing). I'll build a new firmware when I can, and file copying bliss shall be mine.

Thanks again for the help.
By marcelstoer
linuxslate.com wrote:Actually a compliment to the project -- few projects have their documentation that up to date.

All thanks to the fact that we have the docs in the same repo as the code. Hence, each branch has documentation that matches the code and we can verify with each PR that the documentation changes in lockstep with the code. That also means that we have several "versions" of the docs published at 'http://nodemcu.readthedocs.io/en/<BRANCH>/en/' and that confuses some folks.