Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By davydnorris
hob wrote:Hi,

I'm very interested in building esp-open-sdk with cygwin, but I didn't got that all...

Would it be possible to provide a complete step-by-step instruction list how to do that?

Thanks in advance!

If you go to the esp-open-sdk project and follow the instructions there, it will get you most of the way, but instead of building on a Linux machine, install Cygwin64. You'll need to add the various additional packages that are documented there as well such as the compiler tools.

Then what I would do is follow the build instructions, and when you hit an error, come back to this thread!! I documented every problem I hit as I followed the instructions so the posts should be in order of issues :-)
By dream_adas
davydnorris wrote:
hob wrote:Hi,

I'm very interested in building esp-open-sdk with cygwin, but I didn't got that all...

Would it be possible to provide a complete step-by-step instruction list how to do that?

Thanks in advance!

If you go to the esp-open-sdk project and follow the instructions there, it will get you most of the way, but instead of building on a Linux machine, install Cygwin64. You'll need to add the various additional packages that are documented there as well such as the compiler tools.

Then what I would do is follow the build instructions, and when you hit an error, come back to this thread!! I documented every problem I hit as I followed the instructions so the posts should be in order of issues :-)

So rely you can help to build esp-open-sdk I'm at all new on linux, that build sdk with cygwin at this moment it's impossible at all.

may by you can help
By dream_adas
#78749 So now I start from linux in ubundu, i install esp-open-sdk, and i work with it ;) nice and i happy. (first trays on window was with out lack). So i come beck and tray to build on windows. But I get this...

Code: Select allAdas@Adas-PC /cygdrive/c/ext_opensdk/esp-open-sdk
$ ls
1000-mforce-l32.patch  c_types-c99.patch        crosstool-config-overrides  esp-open-lwip  lx106-hal
Makefile               c_types-c99_sdk_2.patch  dhcps_lease.patch           esptool        user_rf_cal_sector_set.c
README.md              crosstool-NG             empty_user_rf_pre_init.c    examples

Adas@Adas-PC /cygdrive/c/ext_opensdk/esp-open-sdk
$ make
makefile:184: warning: overriding commands for target `ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-2.1.0-18-g61248df/.dir'
makefile:179: warning: ignoring old commands for target `ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-2.1.0-18-g61248df/.dir'
C:/WinAVR-20100110/utils/bin/make -C crosstool-NG -f ../Makefile _ct-ng
make[1]: Entering directory `C:/ext_opensdk/esp-open-sdk/crosstool-NG'
../Makefile:184: warning: overriding commands for target `ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-2.1.0-18-g61248df/.dir'
../Makefile:179: warning: ignoring old commands for target `ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-2.1.0-18-g61248df/.dir'
./bootstrap
Running autoconf...
/c/MinGW/bin/autoconf-2.68: /mingw/bin/autom4te-2.68: No such file or directory
/c/MinGW/bin/autoconf-2.68: exec: /mingw/bin/autom4te-2.68: cannot execute: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [_ct-ng] Error 126
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/ext_opensdk/esp-open-sdk/crosstool-NG'
make: *** [crosstool-NG/ct-ng] Error 2

Why make tray start build with WinAvr instead of Cygvin
Code: Select allC:/WinAVR-20100110/utils/bin/make -C crosstool-NG -f ../Makefile _ct-ng

I think path's in windows environments show correct, or may by not :| to it i add this line
C:\cygwin64\bin

May by some one can add some advice. Thanks