So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Muplex
#60845 I'd try with 3xAA stilo battery HR 15/51 - Ni-MH - 1.2v - 1200mA nominal.
Real (with multimeter), 3.9 V; i'd connected the 3.3V side of the logic level conveter with one1N4007 diode rectifier and I'd measured 3.1V on the pin.

BUT the result still the same!!!

Reset: General Error
Reset: General Error
No apparent comunication.

I'd measured also the current I and the reading was 135mA

I try also to work with "reset" line on ESP8266 connected and not connected, i'v try to swap the RX and TX with the only difference that blued led blink continously 1s delay time.

Can some one Help me please?????
Now the power should be OK, why the Test connection doesn't work ?
By Muplex
#60877 I begin to be a little frustrated because I don't make step forward in my tests.
Working with 3xAA battery (also because many people do it , reading around the net) I was sure to make it work .... without success.

Can someone give me an hint about what can i test to understand where I'm wrong?
Can someone make one little and fast FRITZING working wiring scheme with my hardware configuration (1st post)

Thank you all guys

any help is very appreciated
By warwick
#60901 Do you have an electrolytic and ceramic capacitor across the supply pins to your ESP device? If you measure the steady state supply voltage to the ESP to be 3.1V, the supply voltage could be dropping too low and causing a reset when you add the impedance of the 1N4007, batteries and wiring during current spikes.

You could also consider trying a Schottky diode instead of the 1N4007, which will give you a higher supply voltage to the ESP and more margin.
By penatenjoe
#60906 @rudy : thanks, learned something today.

@Muplex
Here is what I would do:
The ESP8266 should have the AT firmware flashed which boots the serial interface at 9600 baud (I believe there were versions with 115200 baud too). Do you have a USB-TTL Serial adapter (ebay 1-2 $, preferably 3V3 and 5V selectable)?
If yes: set it to 3V3, connect it to the ESP and watch the output in a serial terminal, e.g. the Arduino IDE. Do not use any 3V3 power supply it may provide!
If no: one of the examples in the Arduino IDE is called SerialPassThrough. Flash that onto your Arduino and connect the serial pins of the ESP8266 with Serial1 pins (0 & 1) of your Arduino. This is how I started ;) .
Having solved that you should be able to see the AT firmware booting and displaying it's version number. Note that the Arduino library you are using works only with certain versions of the AT firmware. You can now type commands on the console such as doing a WLAN scan etc.
Once that is working your hardware is okay. Still getting nowhere? Most issues with the ESP8266 board are due to power supply stability problems; from what you wrote I suspect you have a problem there. The ESP8266 is afaik rated for 3.0 to 3.6 V and people report issues above and below that range.

Honestly I think you should start with the NodeMCU modules. They can be used much like an Arduino. It has its own USB interface, is fairly cheap and you can a lot of amazing stuff you cannot do if using it just as a dumb AT terminal.