Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Mmiscool
#48312 When the device boots it will atempt to connect to a wifi network in station mode. If this fails it will start its own ap.
By ardhuru
#48461 Mike, I'm afraid that is not happening. Regardless of what I do, it cannot seem to come up as a station to my router.

After boot, the ESP dissappears from the Wifi Analyzer, and then comes up as an AP, even though I have defined the credentials of my router.

In the AP mode, everything else works fine from the settings page, including the new fixed ip feature.

Just cannot get it to connect as a station.

BTW, I did not have this problem till 2.0 Alpha 22.

Another observation, might be irrelevant, is that till 2.0, the ESP, when it came up as an AP, would be on the same channel as my router. But with 3.0, it comes up as channel 1, all the time.
By ardhuru
#48467 My apologies for the false alarm!

I had been using an ESP8266 01 (upgraded to 4 MB).

Either a shoddy solder job, or the fact that ESP8266Basic doesnt like an 01 upgraded to a 4 MB.

Surprisingly, there were no other indications of a malfunction, either while flashing, or running any code.

Anyway, I tried it with another ESP8266 01 (the black one, 1 MB) and all is well, very stable and dependable performance.

Thanks, and sorry, again, should have tried this before posting.