Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By rwel59
#61137 Hopefully some of you who have gone thru this are still reading the topic.

Exact same issue using Huzzah EPS8266 breakout. Everything was working fine, then I started getting uploading errors (using arduino ide 1.8.1). Found some talk about shorting GPIO#0 and connecting rst pin to en pin. Did this then the upload errors went away and the first new uploaded sketch ran fine (blink onboard led). Updated the sketch to add some serial status words to display on console, uploaded again and it wouldn't run.

That's basically where I'm stuck now. Can usually upload sketch but can't run any of them. My best guess from reading this thread and observing my setup is to replace the ftdi board. Also, Putty will no longer open a console window (nothing happens when I click open). I was hoping that someone had discovered something else so thought I'd ask while waiting for new cable.
By rwel59
#61267 Just to update for those who may stumble across this issue in the future...

Got my new ftdi board, hooked it up and everything is communicating fine again. The ftdi board that fixed the problem has an Atmega8U2 chip (dfrobot usb serial light adapter) - don't know if this is any more reliable or not but so far so good.