Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By mjf55
#65891 Just wanted to post my limited experiences with it. First you should note that I am a complete noob with the ESP8266. I an using a NodeMCR v0.9 running windows 10 64 bit. Most of these issues could be my inexperience, so please take this with a grain ( or shaker) of salt.

- First, it installs in the root directory. It should not do this. You should try to get it to install in the Program Files or Program Files(x86) .. I altered the install path when installing, but it would not run there.
- The Autoconnect defaulted to comm3 on my system. I actually have it connected to comm4. This caused an error. When I selected the correct comm port, it connected.
- Your default when connecting is to run a files list. This failed on my MCU because I have it running code. If I restarted the node, It could read the files list successfully. I suggest not defaulting to a file list read.
- I was unable to read an installed file. Got an error trying ( sorry I did not note the error)

I too would rather a lunix IDE. I look forward to your improvements. It looks like it could be an excellent tool.