Post your best Lua script examples here

By jclmdt
#61404 Hi, thanks for the reply.

I am currently running on the '0.9.6-dev_20150627' firmware, as I watched videos online that says to download the dev firmware to flash. I know that there are newer ones call 'master' but I do not know how to flash such file in the chip. It seems to be some build your own firmware (?) thing, which I have no idea what to do with it.

Could you kindly guide me on this so that I can have the newer firmware that supports the uart.alt(1) command and try out your suggestion. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers.
By OM1
#81159 Hi there, I joined this forum because I got stuck in a similar problem.

I have nodeMCU ESP12. I try to read UART input at pin D7, 4800 bps.
(Data will be transmitted via WiFi, already working.)

My code:
uart.setup(1, 4800, 8, uart.PARITY_NONE, uart.STOPBITS_2, 1)
uart.alt(1) -- switch to pin D7 für RX
tmr.alarm(2, 500, tmr.ALARM_SINGLE, function() end) -- delay
uart.on("data", 1, function(data)
tmr.alarm(2, 500, tmr.ALARM_SINGLE, function() end -- delay
gpio.write(LED_PIN, gpio.LOW) -- blink indicates RX input
D=D..string.byte(data)
end, 0)

I have set D7 to
gpio.mode(7,gpio.INT)

I can see the LOW-RX with the oscilloscope, and the LED blinks, but no RX-input.
I have read in German and English manual contradictory statements.
I have read many many snippets an proposals, but did not find a solution for this problem.

My status / my questions:
Can I use D7 as UART-RX ?
Are there different solutions, RX-input connected to pin RX, code like this:
uart.alt(0)
uart.setup(0, 4800, 8, uart.PARITY_NONE, uart.STOPBITS_2, 1)

Any experience with ESP32? Tried but no success.
Any success with I2C-UART: SC16IS750? Tried but no success.

A WORKING sample for this issue would be great!
I hope anybody has experience with ESP8266-UART. - Thank you very much!
OM1
By BIYATO
#83843 Next, I uploaded the provided script onto m [url]filezilla[/url]y lolin nodemcu board. As it is not the ESP8266 chip by itself, I did not need [url]uc browser[/url]to use FTDI. Instead I just plug in a usb cable to it and the code is uploaded in it. I set it to be 9600 baudrate in the ESPlorer IDE. However, the LED connected to the lolin chip did not light up at all (It is suppose to turn on and off according [url]rufus[/url] to the code). In addition, instead of printing out 'Received from Arduino: HI!' followed by 'LED ON (or Off)', the lolin seems to be outputting the code uploaded into it (see the picture attached).