As the title says... Chat on...

By Broncus
#62605 Greetings,

I am experiencing two problems.

1. I loaded the 1-wire example under ow.select on this page:
https://nodemcu.readthedocs.io/en/master/en/modules/ow/

I do have an init.lua that calls the example. The problem is that I can't get it to stop.
Things I have done:
a. Re-flashed the ESP. Not sure this actually worked. Should this remove installed files too?
b. Attempted to Format. No obvious effect.
c. Attempted to Upload and Reload the files (init.lua and DS18B20-Example) without success.
d. Disconnected the sensors even though I didn't expect this to make any difference.

Any hints on this?

2. Even though I have three DS19B20s connected there is no evidence more than one is addressed.

Code: Select allP=1
127   1   75   70   127   255   1   16   51
CRC=51
Temperature=23.9375Centigrade
P=1
CRC=51
P=1
CRC=51

I assumed the example might actually work for three sensors but that is not obvious. Any hints?

I haven't been able to attack item 2 yet since I am still stuck on item 1.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fred
By Broncus
#62651 Number 1 is solved. I flash in new firmware with a different modules. This caused a re-format thus clearing the loaded files.

Number 2 still is an issue.

Best regards,
Fred
By marcelstoer
Broncus wrote:Number 1 is solved. I flash in new firmware with a different modules. This caused a re-format thus clearing the loaded files.

It's more likely that the new firmware was a different version which triggered a file system format (as per http://nodemcu.readthedocs.io/en/latest ... g-firmware). Other options would have been file.remove(), file.format(), or erasing flash completely using esptool.py or NodeMCU PyFlasher.
By Broncus
#62664 Very possible, I am new to this so I don't know what happened other than I created new firmware and added an addition module. I am happy to be able to continue trying to solve item 2 now.

I have seen references to esptool.py and NodeMCU PyFlasher but have not tried either. I am using ESPFLASHER and ESPLorer.

Any hints on item 2?

There are two repeat / until blocks. The first has an escape route, the second doesn't as far as I can tell. I fail to see how the second condition would ever be true or what would be true.

Best regards,
Fred